Experienced Automobile Accident Lawyers in Grand Rapids: Marko Law Firm
When it comes to major injuries resulting from automobile accidents, seeking assistance from a qualified and experienced attorney is crucial. Failing to take prompt action or fully understanding your damages can lead to the disappearance of essential evidence, jeopardizing the compensation you need for your recovery.
We understand that severe injuries can make it challenging for you to analyze the accident's cause and gather information promptly. Dealing with insurance companies can be even more difficult. Let our Grand Rapids motor vehicle accident attorneys at Marko Law Firm shoulder that burden for you.
What to Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident
1. Call the authorities and file a police report. Don't let the other driver convince you to skip this crucial step, as it can cause problems later on.
2. Exchange information with the other driver. Capture clear photos of their identification and insurance details. Note that some police departments may not include this information in the publicly available police report.
3. Gather witness information. Independent witnesses can play a critical role in supporting your claim.
4. Document the accident scene and the damages to your vehicle and others involved.
5. Seek medical attention promptly. If you sustain injuries, visit the emergency room or receive medical care as soon as possible. Sometimes injuries may be more severe than initially apparent, and a significant time gap between the accident and medical care can hinder your lawyer's ability to establish the link between your injuries and the accident.
6. Contact our Grand Rapids car accident lawyers immediately. The sooner you have legal representation, the faster we can start protecting your rights. It's also essential to consult an attorney before speaking with any car insurance carrier, as they may use your statement against you in the future.
Types of Damages in Automobile Accident Cases
1. Medical expenses: This includes hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance fees, and other related costs.
2. Pain and suffering: Compensation sought for the physical and mental distress experienced by the individual.
3. Lost income: Reimbursement for wages lost due to a serious injury, which can be one of the most financially damaging aspects of a car accident.
Common Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
Various injuries can result from auto accidents, including:
1. Broken bones: More severe fractures may require surgical intervention.
2. Back and neck injuries: These are often soft tissue injuries that can be resolved with therapy. However, victims may also suffer from herniated discs, which may necessitate injections or surgery.
3. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): Ranging from mild concussions to severe cases requiring extensive medical care. TBIs can lead to conditions like brain death, vegetative states, comas, and even death.
4. Lacerations: Accident victims may sustain significant cuts that require stitches or staples, often leaving disfiguring scars.
5. Shoulder injuries: Torn rotator cuffs or torn labrums are common and frequently require surgical intervention.
6. Burn injuries: These can result from fires or airbag deployment, and severe scarring can occur.
7. Fatality: Unfortunately, many individuals lose their lives in auto accidents in the Grand Rapids area each year.
Factors Influencing Your Settlement
Calculating the compensation you can expect from your settlement is complex and dependent on the specifics of your case. A skilled Grand Rapids motor vehicle accident lawyer will assess your economic and non-economic damages and provide guidance on whether to settle or proceed to court.
Various factors impact the settlement value, including:
1. Extent of your injuries
2. Available insurance coverage: Limited insurance coverage from the responsible party makes it challenging to secure a substantial settlement. In such cases, your own uninsured/underinsured driver coverage may come into play.
3. Clarity of liability: Disputed liability can affect the settlement negotiation process.
4. Multiple liable parties: If more than one party shares responsibility for the accident, third-party claims may arise.
5. Gross negligence: If the at-fault party demonstrated gross negligence while operating their vehicle, it can impact the settlement.
6. Medical expenses and other losses, such as lost wages.
7. Ability to return to work.
8. Impact on quality of life before and after the accident.
9. Out-of-pocket expenses.
Contact Our Law Firm for Assistance
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries or tragically lost their life in an auto accident, allow the experienced motor vehicle accident lawyers at Marko Law Firm to evaluate your rights and potential remedies. We strive to help you receive the compensation necessary for a full recovery.
Our firm has extensive experience assisting Grand Rapids motorists and passengers injured in auto accidents. We conduct thorough independent investigations to support your case and alleviate your burden. This way, you can focus on healing and rebuilding your life.
Get a Free Consultation Today
To begin your case or learn more about our services as automobile accident lawyers in Grand Rapids, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Let us stand by your side as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and damages. Call (313) 777-7LAW for a free consultation or visit our website, MarkoLaw.com, for further information.