By accepting this Terms of Services You shall agree to Contest guidelines, rules, and regulations, framed and posted on this Website any time and from time to time.
Changes to the Terms of Service
We reserve the right, in Our sole discretion, to make changes to, and update, this Agreement anytime. All such updates and changes shall come into effect as soon as these are posted on this web page. Your continued use of any of the service(s) offered on this Website expresses Your implied consent to the acceptance of the modified Agreement. You are expected to check this page each time You access this Website so You are aware of any changes, as they are binding on You.
This Website is meant for use only by the users who are eligible to enter into a valid contract under the applicable law. To be eligible to win the design sweepstakes, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- You have the right, authority, and capacity to agree to these Terms of Service;
- You agree abide by all the terms and conditions contained in these terms of Service;
- You are at least thirteen (13) years of age;
- If You are over thirteen (13) years of age but below the age of eighteen (18), You have authorization from Your legal guardian to use this Website;
- You are not legally barred from entering into a lawfully executed contract under any of the applicable jurisdictions.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, We reserve the right to accept or reject any applicant at Our sole discretion for any reason. Once a user’s account is suspended or terminated for violation of any clause of these Terms of Service, such user is prohibited from opening a new application. If it is found that a suspended or terminated user is operating through another account, he or she shall be ineligible.
- The winner selected at the sole discretion of Marko Law will be mailed a check for $250.00 within 14 days of the contest end.
- You must give a valid US mailing address for the check to be mailed.
General Terms for All Contest Entries
- In order to enter into a Contest, the designers must first create a Contest Entry by posting on facebook directly on the thread. You must follow the specified guidelines as set out by the Contest Holder while creating the Contest Entry.
- Upon completion of a Contest Entry, the designer must submit a reply to the Contest topic that contains his or her entry. A short description of the design may also be provided in the reply.
- Only one design per Contest Entry is permitted.
- All Contest Entries must conform to the applicable rules and guidelines as specified on the Website from time to time.
- One winner will be selected from the total applications at the sole discretion of Marko Law PLLC. We do not guarantee that we will use the selected design suggestion, but we may use it at our sole discretion in our advertising. By submitting a design idea, you authorize Marko Law to use it for any purpose it sees fit and forfeit all rights to any submitted design. Essentially, Marko Law will own the design, have all rights to it including copy right, and can do whatever it wants with it.
- The contest ends May 8th at 8AM. Any entries submitted after that time will not be considered.
- A winner will be selected on May 8th before midnight and announced through a post on the facebook thread.
- The winner will be selected through the following criteria:
- Feasibility of enacting the idea (ie., can the design be implemented).
- Consistency with Marko Law’s Brand Image
- Submissions must conform to the prohibited uses policy below, and all other terms and conditions, or they will not be considered.
Special Terms for Contest Holders
In addition to the provisions contained herein, the Contest Holders also undertake to abide by the following terms:
- You must provide as much information as You can about Your requirements in the Contest so that the designers can make informed decisions.
- You agree to provide Us confirmation regarding the receipt of all deliverables from the designer as soon as feasible.
- You agree to provide rankings and feedback to the submitted designs.
- You are expressly prohibited from sharing an idea and/or concept of one designer to another designer and asking the other designer to copy or modify such design.
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms of Service. You agree not to use the Website:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
- To use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- To use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- To use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without Our prior written consent.
- To use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- To introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- To attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- To otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Facebook may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Website. (Note that contest submissions, specifications and other contest submissions are not included in the definition of “User Contributions.”) Any User Contribution You post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, You grant us and Our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and Our respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that: (a) You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and Our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and Our respective licensees, successors, and assigns, and (b) all of Your User Contributions do and will comply with these Terms of Service and all applicable law.
We have the right to: (a) remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in Our sole discretion, (b) take any action with respect to any User Contribution that We deem necessary or appropriate in Our sole discretion, including if We believe that such User Contribution violates the Terms of Service, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Website or the public, or could create liability for the Company, (c) disclose Your identity or other information about You to any third party who claims that material posted by You violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy, (d) take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website, (e) terminate or suspend Your access to all or part of the Website for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of these Terms of Service. Without limiting the foregoing, We have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website.
You understand and acknowledge that You are responsible for any User Contributions You submit or contribute, and You, not the Company, have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness. We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by You or any other user of the Website.
We do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Website and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, We assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to any and all submissions on and interactions with the Website and all User Contributions. All such content must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person or be unfair or abusive to any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent Your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof, and you believe that any content hosted on the Website infringes your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our designated copyright agent with the information listed in the below DMCA Notice in writing. Upon receipt of this notice, We will take whatever action, in our sole discretion, We deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged material from the Website. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements listed below, your notice may not be valid.
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple copyrighted works are covered by the notice – you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material that you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the page(s) where such material may be found.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address. Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice: (a) “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)” and (b) “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
- Our copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only DMCA notices should go to this address and communication about any other matters may be ignored.
Third Party Content
This Website may also contain third party links belonging to Our advertisers, partners, and/or affiliates. The content on such linked websites is not managed or controlled by the Company. Therefore, We disclaim any liability for any transaction or dealing by You with any of the linked third party websites. All such cases may be governed by the legal practices and policies of such linked websites.
Our Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on Our Website
The Company name, the term Marko Law, Our logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- We disclaim any liability for any unauthorized access of user’s account by anyone other than the registered user.
- All the Intellectual Property Rights issues and disputes pertaining to the deliverables between the designers and Businesses shall be negotiated by and between the respective parties. We do not arbitrate between the parties in case of any dispute.
- The authenticity and accuracy of user content on this Website is not guaranteed by the Company. Users relying on such information do so at their own risk.
- We shall not be held liable or deemed to be in default for any delay or failure in performance or interruption of the delivery of Website content resulting directly or indirectly from any cause or circumstance beyond Our reasonable control including, without limitation, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes or natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars, or governmental restrictions.
- The general content of this Website is informative in nature, and not in the advisory context.
- You understand that We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy Your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to Our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained anywhere, nothing shall prevent Us from cooperating with the authorized investigative agencies to the fullest extent permissible under law.
- THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to, or arising out of, the content You submit, post, transmit or make available through this Website, Your use of this Website, Your violation of this Agreement, Your violation of any rights of any other person, or any other loss suffered by the company on account of Your direct or indirect conduct.
Limitation of Liability
MARKO LAW THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All matters relating to the Website and these Terms of Service and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Nevada or any other jurisdiction). Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms of Service or the Website shall be instituted exclusively in the Wayne County Circuit Court. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over You by such courts and to venue in such courts.
Arbitration; Limitation on Time to File Claims
At Company’s sole discretion, it may require You to submit any disputes arising from the use of these Terms of Service or the Website, including disputes arising from or concerning their interpretation, violation, invalidity, non-performance, or termination, to final and binding arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the American Arbitration Association applying Michigan Law.
ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THE WEBSITE MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- Waiver: Our failure to enforce any right or to act with respect to any breach by a user of any clause(s) of this Agreement shall not be construed as waiver of that right nor waives Our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- Severability: If any provision of these Terms of Service is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
- Assignment: You agree not to transfer, assign or delegate Your rights or obligations under this Agreement to any third person without Our express written consent, and any attempt to do so shall be void. We reserve the right to assign this Agreement without any restriction or notice to anyone and at any time to anyone
- Reliance on Information Posted: The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance You place on such information is strictly at Your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by You or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- Changes to the Website: We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and We are under no obligation to update such material.
Marko Law Will Give You A Voice
Choose the Law Firm that won't back down and will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve.