Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Detroit, Michigan
If you were injured while on the job in Michigan, you may be entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits. Even if you applied for benefits but were denied by the insurance company, you can still explore your legal options and challenge the insurance company’s decision. Marko Law can help you with your case. We provide legal services for victims of job-related accidents and third-party party claims. Our law firm can advocate on your behalf and fight for a fair settlement from the insurance company. Contact us today for a free case assessment with a personal injury and workers’ compensation lawyer in Detroit, Michigan.
Types Of Workers’ Compensation Case We Handle
Our law firm takes on a wide range of workers’ compensation cases, including those caused by the following:
- Employer negligence
- Hazardous work conditions
- Poor road conditions
- Malfunctioning machinery or equipment
- Worksite code violations
- Injuries caused by third parties
Regardless of how your accident happened, you may be entitled to receive financial benefits to cover your medical expenses, lost pay, disability, pain and suffering, and more.
You May Have Multiple Compensation Options After a Workplace Injury or Illness
Most workers in Michigan should have access to medical coverage and lost wage benefits from workers’ compensation if they suffer a work-related injury or illness. In exchange for requiring your employer to provide you with this type of coverage, the state’s workers’ compensation laws bar you from taking legal action against your employer. However, you may have other options for seeking compensation above and beyond — or instead of — workers’ compensation benefits. We can review your case and determine if you are eligible to hold another party financially responsible for your damages. This may include:
- The designer or manufacturer of a defective tool that caused your injuries.
- The property owner or occupier who failed to take care of a hazard that caused your injuries.
- Another third party caused your injuries in some way, such as being the at-fault driver in an on-the-clock car accident.
What To Do If You Are Injured At Work
To receive workers’ compensation benefits, it is important that you take all the necessary steps required by your employer and the state of Michigan. These steps include the following:
- Seek professional medical care without delay. If possible, try to avoid receiving medical assistance from coworkers.
- Fill out an accident report. Provide the details of the accident and your injuries. Submit the report directly to your supervisor.
- Make sure that your employer fills out and sends all necessary documents to the insurance company and the state of Michigan.
- Fill out a Loss of Wages Claim if you lost pay due to your recovery.
Taking these necessary steps will validate your claim and drastically increase your chances of getting the compensation you deserve for your damages. Our law firm can help you through each step of the process.
Working With Your Workers’ Compensation Attorney
As a workers’ compensation law firm based in Detroit, Michigan, Marko Law is here to help you with your case by providing the following legal services:
Principal attorney Joel Winter can review your case, answer your questions, and guide you through the legal process. We can help you avoid common pitfalls that could keep you from receiving your compensation.
Complete Case Management
We take the burden of engaging with the insurance company away by managing your entire case from start to finish. We can handle all of your paperwork, obtain evidence of your claim, estimate the value of your losses, and engage with all relevant parties on your behalf.
As your law firm, we can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. We will fight for a fair settlement that reflects the value of your losses. If the insurance company does not settle, then we can file a lawsuit and represent you in court.
Marko Law Will Fight for a Just Payout
We know how difficult it can be to be injured and out of work and have to battle for the lost wages and other benefits you deserve. It can be almost impossible to make ends meet. You need help from someone who knows how to navigate the workers’ compensation system and fight for the payout you deserve. Our workers’ compensation lawyers are here to give you the responsive legal care you deserve while also going the extra mile to ensure you get the support you need. We will pursue the maximum compensation possible in your case based on the specific details of what happened.
We Can Appeal a Workers’ Compensation Denial
If your employer or the workers’ compensation insurance company refuses to approve your workers’ compensation benefits, we can help you appeal this denial. We can take your case before a Judge, presenting a strong argument to show you have a valid claim. As a part of this process, we will:
- Help you understand what to expect at every step of the process
- Interview eyewitnesses, collect medical records, and work with medical experts to prove your work-related injuries or illness
- Negotiate or mediate with the workers’ compensation insurance company as necessary to try to reach an agreement
- Represent you to the insurance company and the Judge who oversees your appeals hearing
Hire Marko Law to Represent You Today
When you are ready to move forward with your case, we are here to help you every step of the way. Marko Law provides comprehensive legal services for victims of car accidents in Michigan. Contact us today to get started with your claim. We can answer your questions, address your concerns, and work on your behalf to take on the insurance companies. To schedule a free case evaluation, call us at 313-777-7LAW.