Marko Law Firm Fights for Civil Rights:
Michigan Discrimination Attorney Protecting Your Rights
Law enforcement agencies have a fundamental duty to treat all individuals fairly and without discrimination based on race, ethnicity, or any other characteristic. While most police officers uphold this responsibility diligently, there are instances where some individuals in law enforcement violate the civil rights of citizens, undermining the integrity of the entire system. At Marko Law, we are dedicated to promoting fairness, reliability, and trustworthiness in law enforcement. By holding accountable those officers involved in unlawful arrests, apprehensions, and other violations, we send a clear message that discriminatory actions will not be tolerated.
Michigan False Arrest Attorney Defending Your Rights
With a track record of winning numerous jury trials and securing millions in compensation for our clients, Marko Law is renowned as one of Michigan's leading civil rights firms. Our expertise lies in civil rights legislation, and we represent both individual clients and groups affected by civil rights violations, including class action lawsuits.
The United States Constitution guarantees specific civil rights and individual freedoms to every American citizen. However, protecting these rights in a court of law can be complex and challenging. Our lawyers are highly skilled and experienced in advocating for the civil rights of our clients. With decades of experience, we are proven experts in this field.
Examples of Wrongful or Unlawful Arrest: Do You Have a Case?
When alleging unlawful arrest, it is crucial to demonstrate that a police officer exceeded their authority in one of the following ways:
- Arrest Without Cause: False arrest cases often involve claims that an officer violated the Fourth Amendment, which protects against unreasonable search and seizure. For an officer to apprehend you, they must either possess a warrant or have witnessed you committing a misdemeanor or felony offense. If we can establish that an officer lacked a valid reason to believe you had committed a crime, they can be held responsible for arresting you without probable cause.
- Excessive Force: If a police officer inflicts severe harm upon you during an apprehension, they are guilty of using excessive force. This charge is independent of their intention to detain you. Even if there was a justifiable reason for the arrest, employing any degree of force beyond what is reasonable is not permissible.
At Marko Law, we possess a thorough understanding of what constitutes probable cause, the acceptable level of force, and other critical factors in unlawful arrest cases.
Our extensive range of civil rights actions includes:
- Unlawful arrest and/or wrongful conviction
- Law enforcement misconduct and brutality
- Unlawful searches and seizures
- Unconstitutional prison conditions
- Hate crimes
- Whistleblower rights and protection
- Infringements on freedom of speech and association
- Voter discrimination and unlawful election practices
If you believe your civil rights have been violated, we will thoroughly investigate your claim and skillfully advocate or litigate to protect and uphold your rights.
Unlawfully Detained Due to Discrimination?
Although in theory, all residents of Michigan are equal under the law, in practice, police and other law enforcement officials sometimes consider race as a factor when making arrests, detentions, and prosecutions. At Marko Law, we pay close attention to claims of racial discrimination. We examine not only the specific circumstances of your detention but also the officer's history and past actions. If we uncover evidence of discrimination, we will utilize all available means to hold the responsible officer accountable.
For legal assistance and guidance in civil rights matters and all other offenses, call Marko Law at (313) 777-7LAW today.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you are ready to proceed with your case or need more information about Civil Rights in Sterling Heights, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Let us represent you as you seek justice and compensation for the pain and damages you have suffered. Call (313) 777-7LAW today to schedule your free consultation, or visit our website at MarkoLaw.com for additional information.