Taylor Automobile Accident Attorney
It is crucial to seek assistance from a skilled and experienced automobile accident attorney, especially in cases of severe injuries. Delaying the process of claiming compensation or lacking a full understanding of your damages can lead to the disappearance of crucial evidence and the loss of valuable compensation required for your recovery.
We understand that when you suffer serious injuries, it becomes challenging to thoroughly assess the accident's cause, gather information, and handle insurance companies. Allow our team of Taylor car accident lawyers at Marko Law to shoulder that burden for you.
1. Call the authorities and file a police report. Do not let the other party persuade you to skip this vital step, as it may cause issues later.
2. Exchange information with the other motorist. Capture clear photos of their identification and insurance details. Note that some police departments may not include this information in the publicly available police report.
3. Collect witness information. Independent testimonies from witnesses can be critical for your case.
4. Document the accident scene and damages. Take photographs of the accident scene, including the vehicles involved and the damages sustained.
5. Seek medical attention. If you have injuries, visit the emergency room or seek medical care promptly. You may have more significant injuries than you initially realized, and a long gap between the accident and medical treatment can make it challenging to prove the connection between your injuries and the accident.
6. Contact our Taylor auto accident lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you have legal representation, the sooner we can protect your rights. Additionally, consult with an attorney before speaking to any car insurance carrier, as they may try to obtain a statement that can be used against you later.
What Types of Damages Can I Claim After a Car Accident?
You may be entitled to claim the following damages after a car accident:
1. Medical expenses, including hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, and ambulance costs.
2. Pain and suffering, which encompasses the physical and psychological distress for which you can seek compensation.
3. Lost income resulting from missing work after a severe injury, which can significantly impact your financial well-being.
What Are the Most Common Injuries in Motor Vehicle Accidents?
Motor vehicle accidents can result in various injuries, including:
1. Broken bones: Severe fractures may require surgical intervention.
2. Back and neck injuries: These often involve soft tissue damage that can resolve with treatment, but in some cases, herniated discs may require injections or surgery.
3. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): Ranging from mild concussions to severe cases requiring long-term treatment, TBIs can have debilitating effects.
4. Lacerations: Some accidents cause large cuts that necessitate stitches or staples, potentially leaving disfiguring scars.
5. Shoulder injuries, such as torn rotator cuffs or torn labrums, which often require surgical intervention.
6. Burn injuries: These can result from fires or airbag deployment, leading to significant scarring.
7. Fatality: Unfortunately, car accidents in the Taylor area can result in the tragic loss of life.
What Factors Influence My Settlement?
Calculating the exact amount of compensation you may receive can be complex, as it depends on the specific details of your case. A seasoned Taylor motor vehicle accident attorney will evaluate your economic and non-economic damages and guide you on whether to settle or pursue legal action.
Your attorney's role is to negotiate with insurance providers on your behalf until they secure a favorable offer. If the offer is reasonable, you can proceed with the settlement. Otherwise, your attorney can file a lawsuit.
Factors that affect settlement value include:
1. The severity of your injuries.
2. The available insurance coverage, as low or minimal coverage can impact the potential settlement.
3. Clarity or dispute over liability. The other party may challenge liability in certain accident scenarios.
4. Involvement of multiple liable parties.
5. Gross negligence exhibited by the at-fault party.
6. Total medical expenses and other losses, such as lost wages.
7. Your ability to return to work.
8. Changes in your quality of life before and after the accident.
9. Out-of-pocket costs.
Feel free to contact our law firm for more information on the potential value of your case.
Our Attorneys Are Here to Help
If you have sustained injuries or lost a loved one in a car accident, let the car accident attorneys at Marko Law assist you in understanding your rights and pursuing the compensation you need for a full recovery. We have experience representing Taylor drivers and passengers injured in motor vehicle accidents. Our team will conduct an independent investigation of your accident and take the necessary steps to support your recovery, allowing you to focus on healing and rebuilding your life.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
To initiate your case or gather more information about an Automobile Accident Lawyer in Taylor, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Let us be your advocates as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and damages. Call (313) 777-7LAW or visit our website, MarkoLaw.com, to schedule a free consultation.