Experienced Flint Car Accident Lawyers at Marko Law Firm
When it comes to car accidents, seeking assistance from a skilled and knowledgeable attorney is crucial, especially in cases involving serious injuries. Failing to act promptly or fully understand the extent of your damages can result in the loss of vital evidence and valuable compensation needed for your recovery. We understand that after a severe injury, it may be challenging for you to thoroughly evaluate the accident's cause, gather information, and navigate interactions with insurance providers. Let our Flint car accident lawyers at Marko Law Firm shoulder that burden for you.
What to Do After a Car Accident
1. Call the authorities and file a police report. Do not let the other driver convince you to skip this crucial step, as it can lead to future complications.
2. Exchange information with the other driver. Take clear photos of their identification and insurance details. Note that some police departments may not include this information in the public police report.
3. Gather witness information. Independent witness testimony can be vital for your claim.
4. Document the accident scene and the damage to all vehicles involved by taking photographs.
5. Seek medical care immediately, especially if you have sustained injuries. Delaying medical treatment or having a significant gap between the accident and seeking care can make it challenging to prove the relationship between your injuries and the accident.
6. Contact our Flint car accident attorneys as soon as possible. The earlier you have legal representation, the sooner we can start protecting your rights. Additionally, avoid speaking to any car insurance carrier before consulting with a lawyer, as they may use your statement against you later.
Types of Damages in Motor Vehicle Accidents
In a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for various damages, including:
1. Medical expenses: This includes costs for hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance fees, and related medical treatments.
2. Pain and suffering: This refers to the physical and emotional distress experienced after an accident, for which you can pursue compensation.
3. Lost income: If your injuries prevent you from working, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the wages you have lost.
Common Automobile Accident Injuries
Car accidents can result in a range of injuries, such as:
1. Broken bones: Severe fractures may require surgical intervention for proper repair.
2. Back and neck injuries: These often involve soft tissue damage that can typically be resolved with treatment. However, more serious cases may involve herniated discs requiring injections or surgery.
3. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): TBIs can vary in severity, from mild concussions to severe cases requiring extensive medical care. They can result in long-term complications, including brain death, vegetative states, comas, or even death.
4. Lacerations: Some accident victims suffer significant cuts that necessitate stitches or staples, potentially leaving disfiguring scars.
5. Shoulder injuries: Torn rotator cuffs or labrums are common shoulder injuries that often require surgical intervention.
6. Burn injuries: In addition to fire-related burns, airbags can also cause significant scarring and injuries.
7. Fatalities: Unfortunately, auto accidents in the Flint area claim numerous lives every year.
Factors Affecting Settlements
Determining the compensation you may expect from a settlement can be challenging, as it depends on various factors specific to your case. An experienced Flint car accident attorney will assess your economic and non-economic damages, guide you on settlement decisions, and, if necessary, file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Factors that influence settlement value include:
1. Severity of injuries sustained.
2. Available insurance coverage: Limited or no insurance coverage from the at-fault driver can complicate the process, potentially relying on your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
3. Clarity of liability: Disputes regarding liability can affect settlement negotiations, depending on the circumstances of the accident.
4. Involvement of multiple parties: If more than one party shares liability, it can impact the settlement process.
5. Gross negligence: If the at-fault party displayed gross negligence while operating their vehicle, it can affect the settlement amount.
6. Medical expenses and other losses: The total cost of medical treatment and other financial losses, such as lost income, will be considered in determining the settlement.
7. Ability to return to work and changes in quality of life post-accident.
8. Out-of-pocket expenses.
Reach Out to Our Skilled Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, or if you have experienced a tragic loss, let the car accident attorneys at Marko Law Firm evaluate your case, inform you of your legal rights, and assist you in obtaining the compensation you need for a complete recovery.
Our car accident attorneys have extensive experience representing Flint drivers and passengers who have suffered injuries in auto accidents. We will conduct an independent investigation into your accident, taking the necessary steps to help you recover while you focus on your healing and rebuilding your life.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
To initiate your case or obtain more information about our Car Accident Lawyers in Flint, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Allow us to advocate for you as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and damages. Call (313) 777-7LAW for a free consultation or visit our website, MarkoLaw.com, for additional details.