Experienced Accident Lawyer in Grand Rapids
Marko Law Firm: Helping Victims of Automobile Accidents
When it comes to dealing with a major injury, seeking assistance from a qualified and experienced motor vehicle accident attorney can be crucial. Failure to take prompt action or fully understand your damages may result in the loss of essential evidence and valuable compensation needed for your recovery.
At Marko Law, we understand that severe injuries can make it difficult for you to immediately assess the accident's cause or gather information. Additionally, dealing with insurance companies can be challenging. That's why our team of motor vehicle accident attorneys in Grand Rapids is here to alleviate that burden for you.
What Should You Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
1. Call the authorities and file a police report. Don't let the other driver convince you to skip this important step, as it can lead to complications later on.
2. Exchange information with the other driver and take clear photos of their ID and insurance details. Note that some police departments may not include this information in the publicly available police report.
3. Gather witness information. Independent witness testimony can play a critical role in supporting your claim.
4. Document the accident scene and the damages to your vehicle, as well as any other involved vehicles, through photographs.
5. Seek medical attention promptly, especially if you have sustained injuries. Visit the emergency room or consult a healthcare professional as soon as possible. Some injuries may be more severe than initially realized, and a significant time gap between the accident and medical care can make it challenging to establish a direct link between the accident and your injuries.
6. Contact our Grand Rapids car accident lawyers without delay. The sooner you have legal representation, the quicker we can begin safeguarding your rights. It's important to consult an attorney before speaking with any car insurance carrier, as they may try to obtain a statement from you that could be used against you later.
What Types of Damages Can You Seek After an Automobile Accident?
1. Medical expenses, including hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance fees, etc.
2. Compensation for pain and suffering, encompassing the physical and mental distress experienced as a result of the accident.
3. Lost income due to missed work, which can be one of the most financially detrimental consequences of a car accident.
What Are the Most Common Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries?
Auto accidents can result in various types of injuries, such as:
1. Broken bones that may require surgical intervention for more severe fractures.
2. Back and neck injuries, often involving soft tissue damage that can be treated through therapy. In some cases, accident victims may experience herniated discs, necessitating injections or surgery.
3. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), ranging from mild concussions to severe cases requiring extensive medical care. TBIs can lead to conditions like brain death, vegetative states, comas, or even death.
4. Lacerations, sometimes resulting in large cuts that require stitches or staples and may leave disfiguring scars.
5. Shoulder injuries, including torn rotator cuffs or torn labrums, which often require surgical intervention.
6. Burn injuries, which can be caused by fires or airbags. Airbag injuries, in particular, can lead to significant scarring.
7. Fatalities unfortunately occur in a significant number of auto accidents in the Grand Rapids area each year.
What Factors Influence Settlement Amounts?
Calculating the expected compensation from a settlement can be challenging since it depends heavily on the unique circumstances of your case. A skilled Grand Rapids motor vehicle accident lawyer will assess your economic and non-economic damages, helping you make an informed decision about settling or pursuing legal action.
Your attorney's role is to negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf to secure the best possible offer. If the offer is fair, you can proceed with a settlement. However, if it falls short, your attorney can file a lawsuit.
Various factors can influence the value of your settlement, including:
1. The severity of your injuries.
2. The available insurance coverage. Obtaining a substantial settlement from a driver with limited or no insurance can be more challenging. In such cases, you may need to rely on your own uninsured/underinsured driver coverage for compensation.
3. The clarity or dispute surrounding liability. For example, the other party may not challenge liability in a rear-end accident but may do so in a red-light accident.
4. The involvement of multiple liable parties (third-party claims).
5. Gross negligence on the part of the at-fault party while operating their vehicle.
6. The total medical expenses and other losses, such as lost wages.
7. Your ability to return to work.
8. The impact on your quality of life before and after the accident.
9. Out-of-pocket expenses.
If you would like more information about the potential value of your claim, please contact our law firm.
Our Accident Lawyers are Here to Assist You
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in an auto accident, or if you have tragically lost someone dear to you, let the motor vehicle accident attorneys at Marko Law Firm evaluate your case and ensure you understand your rights and potential legal remedies. We are dedicated to helping you secure the compensation necessary for a full recovery.
Our firm has extensive experience assisting Grand Rapids motorists and passengers who have been injured in auto accidents. We will conduct an independent investigation into your accident and take the necessary steps to support your recovery. This way, you can focus on the essential and challenging tasks of healing and restoring your life.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
If you are ready to pursue your case or need further information about an Accident Lawyer in Grand Rapids, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Allow us to represent you as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and suffering. Call (313) 777-7LAW now to schedule a free consultation, or visit our website, MarkoLaw.com, for additional information.