Taylor Car Accident Lawyer Near Me
Seeking the assistance of a qualified and experienced car accident lawyer can be crucial, especially in the case of severe injuries. Failing to promptly seek your claims or fully understand your damages may result in the disappearance of crucial evidence, potentially leading to the loss of valuable compensation needed for your recovery. We understand that it can be challenging to thoroughly assess the cause of the accident and gather information when dealing with serious injuries. Dealing with insurance companies can be even more difficult.
Let the Taylor car accident lawyers at Marko Law ease that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
1. Call the authorities and file a police report. Do not allow the other motorist to convince you to skip this crucial step, as it can cause issues later on.
2. Exchange information with the other motorist. Take clear photos of their identification and insurance information. Note that some police departments may not include this information on the public police report.
3. Gather witness information. Independent witness testimony can play a critical role in your case.
4. Document the accident scene and the damages to your vehicle and other vehicles involved through photographs.
5. Seek medical attention. If you have sustained injuries, visit the emergency room or seek medical attention as soon as possible. You may have more significant injuries than you initially realize, and a significant gap between the accident and medical care can make it challenging for your attorney to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
6. Contact our Taylor auto accident lawyers immediately. The sooner you have legal representation, the sooner your rights can be protected. Additionally, consult with an attorney before speaking with any car insurance carrier. They may try to obtain a statement from you, which can potentially be used against you later.
What Damages Can I Seek After a Car Accident?
1. Medical expenses: This includes hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance costs, and other related expenses.
2. Pain and suffering: Compensation can be pursued for physical and psychological distress experienced as a result of the accident.
3. Lost income: If you are unable to work due to a serious injury, this can have significant financial consequences. Lost wages can be claimed as part of your compensation.
What Are the Most Common Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries?
Car accidents can result in a variety of injuries, such as:
1. Broken bones: Depending on the severity, fractures may require surgical intervention.
2. Back and neck injuries: These often involve soft tissue damage that can be resolved with treatment. However, some accident victims may suffer from herniated discs, which may require injections or surgery.
3. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): Ranging from mild concussions to severe cases, TBIs may necessitate years of treatment and can have severe consequences, including brain death, vegetative states, comas, or even death.
4. Lacerations: Serious cuts may require stitches or staples and can leave disfiguring scars.
5. Shoulder injuries: Conditions like torn rotator cuffs or torn labrums often require surgery.
6. Burn injuries: These can result from fire or even airbags. Airbag injuries can lead to significant scarring.
7. Death: Unfortunately, car accidents in the Taylor area can result in fatalities.
What Factors Influence My Settlement?
Calculating the expected compensation from a settlement can be challenging as it depends on the specific circumstances of your case. A skilled Taylor motor vehicle accident attorney will evaluate your economic and non-economic damages and assist you in making an informed decision regarding settlement or pursuing the case in court.
Your attorney's role is to negotiate with insurance providers on your behalf, aiming to secure the best possible offer. If the offer is reasonable, you may choose to settle. If not, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Factors that can impact the settlement value include:
1. Severity of your injuries.
2. Available insurance coverage: Limited or no insurance coverage from the at-fault driver can make it more challenging to obtain a substantial settlement. In such cases, you may have to rely on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
3. Clarity of liability: If liability is disputed, it can affect the outcome of your case. For instance, the other party may not contest liability in a rear-end accident but may do so in a red-light accident.
4. Multiple liable parties: If more than one party is responsible for the accident, it can complicate the claims process.
5. Gross negligence: If the at-fault party displayed gross negligence while operating their vehicle, it may have an impact on the settlement.
6. Total medical costs and other losses, including lost wages.
7. Ability to return to work.
8. Change in quality of life before and after the accident.
9. Out-of-pocket expenses.
Contact our law firm for more information regarding the potential value of your case.
Our Accident Attorneys Are Here to Help You
If you have been injured in a car accident or if a loved one has tragically died, let the car accident attorneys at Marko Law evaluate your case and inform you about your rights and available options. We are dedicated to helping you receive the compensation you need for a full recovery.
At Marko Law, our experienced auto accident lawyers have assisted Taylor drivers and passengers who have sustained injuries in motor vehicle accidents. We conduct independent investigations of your accident and take the necessary steps to help you recover. This allows you to focus on healing and getting your life back on track.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
If you are ready to pursue your case or need more information about a car accident lawyer near you in Taylor, Michigan, reach out to Marko Law Firm today. Let us represent you as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and damages. Call (313) 777-7LAW today for a free consultation, or visit our website at MarkoLaw.com for more information.