Troy Car Accident Attorney:
Seeking Legal Assistance After a Serious Collision
In the event of a severe injury caused by a car accident, it is crucial to seek help from a qualified and experienced car accident lawyer. Failing to do so or delaying your claim can result in the loss of crucial evidence and valuable compensation needed for your recovery.
We understand that when you sustain serious injuries, it may be challenging to thoroughly evaluate the accident's cause and gather necessary information immediately. Dealing with insurance companies becomes even more difficult in such situations.
At Marko Law, our team of Troy car accident lawyers is here to shoulder the burden for you.
What Steps Should I Take After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
1. Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not let the other motorist convince you to skip this crucial step, as it can cause problems later on.
2. Exchange information with the other motorist. Take clear photos of their identification and insurance details. Some police departments may not include this information in the publicly available police report.
3. Gather witness information. Independent witness testimony can play a critical role in your case.
4. Take photos of the accident scene and the damages to all vehicles involved, including your own.
5. Seek medical attention. If you have sustained injuries, visit the emergency room or seek medical care as soon as possible. Often, injuries may be more significant than initially realized, and a delay in seeking medical care can make it challenging to establish a connection between the accident and your injuries.
6. Contact our Troy auto accident lawyers without delay. The sooner you have legal representation, the sooner your rights can be protected. It is also advisable to consult an attorney before speaking to any car insurance carrier, as they may try to obtain a statement from you that could be used against you later.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover After a Car Accident?
1. Medical expenses: This includes hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance costs, and related medical expenses.
2. Pain and suffering: Compensation may be sought for physical and psychological distress experienced as a result of the accident.
3. Lost income: Missing work due to a serious injury can have a significant financial impact. Lost wages can be claimed as part of your compensation.
What Are the Most Common Car Accident Injuries?
Car accidents can result in various injuries, including:
- Broken bones: Severe fractures may require surgical intervention for proper treatment.
- Back and neck injuries: These often involve soft tissue injuries that can typically be resolved with appropriate treatment. However, some accident victims may sustain herniated discs that may require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): Ranging from minor concussions to severe cases, TBIs may necessitate long-term treatment and can have severe consequences such as brain death, vegetative states, comas, or even death.
- Lacerations: Significant cuts may require stitches or staples and can potentially lead to disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries: Injuries like torn rotator cuffs or torn labrums often require surgical intervention for proper healing.
- Burn injuries: These can result from fires or airbag deployment and may cause substantial scarring.
- Fatalities: Unfortunately, car accidents in the Troy area claim the lives of thousands of individuals each year.
What Factors Influence the Value of My Settlement?
Determining the precise amount of compensation to expect from a settlement can be complex as it depends on various factors. An experienced Troy motor vehicle accident attorney will assess your economic and non-economic damages and guide you on whether to settle or take your case to court.
Your attorney's role is to negotiate with the insurance providers on your behalf to secure the best possible offer. If the offer is reasonable, you can settle. If not, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Factors affecting the settlement value include:
- The severity of your injuries.
- Available insurance coverage: Limited or no insurance coverage by the at-fault driver can complicate the process, and your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may be relied upon for compensation.
- Clarity of liability: If fault is disputed, it can impact the outcome of your case.
- Multiple liable parties: In cases involving more than one responsible party, third-party claims may come into play.
- Gross negligence: If the at-fault party displayed gross negligence while operating their vehicle, it can influence the settlement.
- Medical expenses and other losses, such as lost wages.
- Ability to return to work.
- Change in quality of life before and after the accident.
- Out-of-pocket expenses.
If you would like more information regarding the potential value of your case, please reach out to our law firm.
Our Attorneys Are Here to Help You
Whether you have been injured in a car accident or have tragically lost a loved one, let the car accident attorneys at Marko Law assist you in understanding your rights and pursuing the compensation you deserve. We have extensive experience working with Troy drivers and passengers who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents. Our team will conduct an independent investigation of your accident and take the necessary steps to help you recover, allowing you to focus on your recovery and rebuilding your life.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
If you are ready to initiate your case or need more information about a Car Accident Lawyer in Troy, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Let us advocate for you as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and damages. Call (313) 777-7LAW today to schedule a free consultation, or visit our website, MarkoLaw.com, for additional information.